I’m doing this a little bit out of order, but stuff’s happening out in the world that makes this the timelier of the two updates that I want to share out.
You may recall that I mentioned wanting to recruit some folks to help out around here; not only do I need to spend more time on Day Job and Actual Personal Life, but Phase II (more tomorrow) is going to require more skill and energy than I have as one person.
I don’t want to write out all of the particulars here because what I’ll actually ask folks to contribute in each case is largely dependent on how many people are willing to help, and in which ways, but I’ll include just a little bit of detail.
I need help with:
- Writing! Specifically looking for at least one regular contributor (posting roughly daily, as it were).
- Research! If you’re good at search and have a motivation to find obscure information, or tend to buy a lot of physical media and can read Japanese, please help. FWIW, this is partly to update, expand and grow the idol profiles AND to work up a lyrical database, the former more important than the latter.
- Translation! This would be everything from lyrics to interviews to cryptic tweets by idol managers.
- Art! Some resizing and cropping and bannering (boring), but more creative pursuits, too. You may have noticed that my art is bad.
- And this is probably really wishful thinking, but code help, specifically WordPress or PHP in general.
As I mentioned, I have a much better idea of what it is that I’d like to accomplish rather than well-defined “jobs,” though I should know specifically what to ask for once I know who might be willing to help out where. Oh, and your reward? THE PRIDE YOU’LL FEEL IN A JOB WELL DONE.
If you’re interested in any of the above OR even if you want to pitch something, write me here.