You guys know that I think you’re all great, but I want to drive that point home: You’re great! You’ve been very contributory over the last month+ while we got down to the brass tacks of 2016’s very best (or worst, as the case may be), and I could not be happier or more appreciative. Give yourselves a virtual round of applause!
Before I share the post-pre-final nominees, a word on process:
- Final voting will begin on Dec. 12 and run until Dec. 17
- The game element, Match A Maniac, will run Dec. 7-10
- I’m waiting on confirmation from some people about prizes, but there might be some!
Now, there has been consternation about November and December happenings being left out of the best-of process; here is where we address that.
- The by-category final nominees are on the other side of the jump. These were determined by aggregate totals from the pre-finals, with an adjustment explained below*. If you have other questions, feel free to ask; I’m just trying to save space here.
- If you have an incident, release, etc. that isn’t on a finals list, it can still make the finals if:
- You nominate it out loud in the comments, like “I want to include Zenkimi’s Anima Animus PRDX in the finals.”
- You and enough other people muster enough post-nominations for what you support to match the lowest pre-vote total of the nominees who made it in.
- Nothing will be removed from the lists, so just consider that; is what you’re nominating at least as good/bad as what’s there, or better/worse? Or are you just trying to advance a personal favorite?
- Also, anything that was involved in the earlier nominations is exempt. Sorry, losers!
Feel free to ask any questions about process and whatnot. I’ll keep this open through Tuesday, Dec. 6. Now, are you ready to see your finalists?
Surprise of the Year
The World Standard’s “The Perfect Idol”
Saddest Graduation of the Year
You’ll Melt More! melts more, dropping Mone and Chibo
Debut of the Year (group)
Yanakoto Sotto Mute
Performance of the Year
Bellring Girls Heart at TIF (Smile Garden)
B-side of the Year
BiSH — “Earth”
Song of the Year
Album of the Year
BiSH — KiLLER BiSH
Letdown of the Year
Debut of the Year (individual)
Collaboration of the Year
Performer of the Year
Single of the Year
PassCode — “MISS UNLIMITED”
Video of the Year
Idol of the Year
Bellring Girls Heart
Likeliest to Break Through in 2017
Remember: You have the power to make additions, but only if you can beat out the totals of what’s already there.
*Some people noticed that a likely particular individual was trying to stuff the box, as it were; because of the Power of the Internet (or, WordPress user records), I saw that several burner accounts had been used, and several others using very similar email addresses. That all likely emanating from one person, I decided to combine their total ballots into one, de-duped version.
I’m sympathetic to wanting your personal favorites to win out, but it’s better to have these things occur naturally, by sharing stuff in the various public groups and trying to engage with people directly, rather than stunt-load a community effort. There are good fans of the group/s in question on here, people whose opinions matter, and I always make a point of including the group/s because I feel that there’s plenty there for people to like. Don’t spoil it.