100 Days of Tsurezure, Day 46: Solstice

INT. TOKYO SEWERS – NIGHT

MARE A KOMACHI (20s) slinks quietly along the catwalk. Her jaw is set, her mission clear.

KOMACHI
(quietly)
Cococo!

Only dripping water greets her call. Komachi’s face says it all: It’s about what she expected.

A RUSHING SOUND up ahead betrays one of the system’s main intakes. Komachi heads toward it.

INT. TOKYO SEWERS – CULVERT – CONTINUOUS

Komachi views the scene before her: Amid churning storm runoff and SAFETY SIGNS left over from a recent maintenance project, all would be normal, but for the STREAKS OF RED BLOOD on the wall and, just above the culvert’s mouth, DEEP SCRATCH MARKS.

ANGLE ON: A single link of BLUE CHAIN stuck on one of the signs.

Komachi NODS grimly. She’s closer now. Continue reading

1+

100 Days of Tsurezure, Day 45: Academy

Look at Komachi.

She knows things. She shared her wisdom again today.

Fascinating. Continue reading

1+

100 Days of Tsurezure, Day 44: Communion

The first Tsurezure fan meetup event doodad is on Sunday, and the Not Secured, Loose Endsiverse is abuzz about it:

Continue reading

1+

100 Days of Tsurezure, Day 43: Demonstrative

Cococo has emerged from her chilly aquatic den to resume her human form and immediately show off just how human she wants us to believe she is by doing what we all do this time of year — complain about the heat:

Tsuyame, who lives in a way that all should envy, made a big deal out of a strawberry:

Continue reading

100 Days of Tsurezure, Day 42: Obscura

Much like my new contention that Cococo is, going forward, a terrible human-penguin hybrid who will eventually flipper her way underground to a sewer lair where she and her various minions and henchmen will launch plots against the world above, I’ve developed a rough idea of what it is that’s motivating Komachi.

See, way back in the day, there was a philosopher, a Greek Ephesian named Heraclitus, who was known for being kind of a mess emotionally and for works that could best be described as cryptic, series of utterances that spelled out his vision but often contradictory. While a major innovator in Greek philosophy, he nonetheless was a person apart.

So now consider Komachi. She doesn’t shy away from the camera, but she likes to use diffuse light to obscure the boundaries of subject and background*, and filters to wash out color. She’s definitely the contemplative member. And when you add in her Twitter style?

We are yet to fully appreciate her genius. Continue reading

100 Days of Tsurezure, Day 41: Birth

I’m dedicating this to Co-cubed, who tweets about as often as my boss showers (thrice per week!) but nonetheless shared this little bit about music and birds and having a nice holiday …

… then had a long-ass exchange with fans that I immediately lost track of, BUT it did culminate in this: Continue reading

100 Days of Tsurezure, Day 40: Multimedia

Well, in the end, we got not one announcement, but two!

The first is that there’s going to be a Codomomental radio thing:

Every Wednesday at 11:30 p.m. in Japan! Good for them. And, announcement #2, NSLE will have themselves a fan fest of sorts just like big sisters Zenkimi:

I take all of these developments as being very good things. Keep building that reach. Keep connecting with fans. Keep being awesome. Continue reading

1+

100 Days of Tsurezure, Day 39: Flaunted

Have you joined the fan club yet? They’d like for you to:

Oh, and also that several-times-teased announcement will happen tonight for most of us (noon in Japan):

Continue reading

2+

100 Days of Tsurezure, Day 38: Cozy

I don’t know how I feel about this one now, guys. Zenkimi got an announcement this morning (there’s going to be this fan thing!), but not Tsurezure, and then Boss-san took to musing about it:

So … maybe tomorrow? Otherwise, today’s 100 Days is pretty simple, showing off some of the simply nice things in life. Continue reading

100 Days of Tsurezure, Day 37: Discovery

Here we go again! Not only is Co3 not part of the 100 Days festivities (maybe that thing in the egg ate her?), but nor is Official, unless you consider this potentially ominous message from the boss:

Guess we’ll see tomorrow! In the meantime, here’s Komachi being Komachi: Continue reading