I was late for the train this morning. It was my fault — I stayed some of the usual morning prep to follow up on some personal things that needed attention — but I wasn’t any happier for taking the responsibility. I was late, period, and being late for something as scheduled as a municipal rail line means missing the train, which means waiting for the next, which means tacking extra time onto being late. It’s dumb. I was dumb. I was mad.
By the time I got to the office, I had a day’s worth of email buzzing at me from the smart phone that I now rue like none other, a string of messages re: said personal things that needed attention and now needed more attention, and a good cluster of idol-related tweets that I knew I was going to have to cut through if I were to have any hope of not having my phone crash.
Somewhere around 95 percent of all idol-related tweets in my daily queue are pointless dreck. Oh good, you’re tweeting your entire schedule of single release appearances at HMV and Tower, fantastic, idgaf. Today was no different. Joy, though, often lives in that remaining 5 percent, and so it was when the bottom of the huge-ass pile of Zenbu Kimi no Sei Da messages lay the one that truly mattered. It was MV time!
Wake the heck up! After only recently delivering some details on their new double A-side single, Zenbu Kimi no Sei Da wasted no time tossing out a preview for you. And friends, what a preview it is. It’s not the A-A-side, but its partner, what good sense tells you should be called “Romance Sect” but they have romajized as “Romanse Sect” and that’s fine, it’s not like Zenkimi song titles are the easiest thing to deal with in the world anyway.
Of course it’s on the typical two-hour time limit, and of course we hold that time limit in absolute zero regard around here!
Hey, what a nice surprise! The pre-warning tweet that went out yesterday from Zenbu Kimi no Sei Da official was, I thought, going to be for another song preview, which goes to show you just how far my memory has deteriorated of late, given that they last pre-published a, uh, single preview. So fine. Fine! Seventh single! Music video:
Confirming the primacy of Yotsu, per usual
It sounds largely unchanged from when we heard it in preview form (lyrics there too, for the needy), like a rendering of maturation in the composers’ orientation toward their bag of tricks. It also, at least to my ears, sounds like a Zenkimi joint without sounding like straight-up Codomocore, you know?
Whee! It’s that time again, friends — Zenbu Kimi no Sei Da, who’ve been uncommonly quiet over the last few months on account of relentless touring and stuff, would really like it if you’d take their newest song for a spin. Of course the usual two-hour rules officially apply, and of course we shall relentlessly disregard both the letter and spirit of those rules.
At first blush, I didn’t want to make too much of this … well, not completely unprecedented, but nonetheless very special-feeling pro cut of the inimitable Zenbu Kimi no Sei Da, live, in front of a ton of people, doing the thing that they do so well and pretty much everybody else has to just hope to keep up with.
For real. Just bathe in that. Understand that it’s a gift to see these particular masters of the craft in the chaotic revelry that is their live stage without actually being at the live stage, Codomomental’s business model being what it is. Garry actually wrote a really great reflection of that environment, and from a hyper-rare Codomomental grad show to boot (that grad show), and you can see the same emotional sweep at play here minus, like, the weeping and stuff.
This is just a simple thing. I’m posting it so that the folks who follow the Zenkimi tags or hit that category via Google or whatever really see what it’s about, and maybe gain a different level of understanding from doing so. Also to encourage Producer-san to maybe do this more often!
Well if this isn’t completely out of left field — masters of the quasi two-hour teaser release window Zenbu Kimi no Sei Da have graced us with a new song without a shred of warning or even a new release date to consider. It’s just out here, and it wants us to listen to it!
Nothing is as predictable as a Codomomental act teasing a good series of promo tracks ahead of their releases, and as soon as the “see you at 21:00” tweet happened the other evening, I created a placeholder for this post. Look how smart I am! Then they did a bunch of other announcements first, and boy did I have egg on my face! But you know what? Eggs are delicious.
But also, per the usual manipulation of Codomomental’s good faith and trust, what they’re saying is available for a couple of hours is actually our eternal plaything! If you can, of course click the link here, but know that goodies never really go away here at Homicidols.com.