We have the tour dates, and now the venues are confirmed and tickets are on sale for Yukueshirezutsurezure’s (and others!) tour dates in Canada:
- May 19 Toronto @ The Rivoli (tickets)
- May 20 Toronto @ Lee’s Palace (tickets)
- May 22 Montreal @ Divan Orange (tickets)
- May 24 Vancouver @ Biltmore Cabaret (tickets)
Sorry about that, gang, but here’s a fun timeline:
- 5:00 p.m. EST (yesterday): Maniac is added to an excruciatingly series of meetings for work
- All evening: Maniac hates life
- 12:00 a.m. EST: Maniac sees that Tsurezure will be doing something at 21:00 JST
- 12:05 a.m. EST: Maniac messages Kerrie — “If I set this up, can you edit and publish it?”
- 1:00 a.m. EST: Kerrie messages Maniac — “Yes, okay, sure, I’m kind and good”
- 6:00 a.m. EST: Maniac departs for a day in hell
- 7:05 a.m. EST: Maniac’s phone goes back into semi-hibernation
- ~no idea what’s happening~
- 11:00 a.m. EST: Maniac finally gets back to operation, sees message from Kerrie — “Everything was a botch because you, Maniac, failed”
- 11:05 a.m. EST: Maniac looks at Tsurezure Twitter, sees that a preview happened, cries
- 11:10 a.m. EST: Maniac gives up all hope of ever being able to do anything with the new Tsurezure
- 3:00 p.m. EST: Maniac sees a message from Straight from Japan(!) with a link to the new Tsurezure song(!)
- 3:05 p.m. EST: Maniac begins to write a long timeline with a terrible punchline
But you’re here for the song, so. Continue reading
Friends, do you remember how exciting it was to learn that Yukueshirezutsurezure would be coming to North America this year, and all we needed to know was when and where? We have answers!
If you follow the link, you can see the rough appearance schedule for the tour. Continue reading
Man, I’m really glad that I decided to check in on Yukueshirezutsurezure this morning. It’s time for preview #2 from the “MISS SINS” single!
Full and permanent link after the jump! Continue reading
The announcement of your two-hour window is on!
All of the relevant info, including on your forever access to the song, after the jump! Continue reading
Hola amigos! While I slept like a maniacal little baby, Codomomental brass decided that the best way to keep us from ganking their song previews and making them alive forever was to … adjust the release window. I’d just delete the files, but that’s me!
Anyway, I wasn’t going to be doing anything that began at 5:00 a.m., but I taught John the ways of the Force, and he bailed us out this time.
In typical Codomomental style, Yukueshirezutsurezure drops a few songs on us. They are off the upcoming re-recorded CD, 「Antino未deology-改式-」. Here is the tweet, it was only and hour window. From the sounds of it the mix is a bit different and the vocals are a lot cleaner this time around. It also appears they changed […]
via Yukueshirezutsurezure Drops a Few Songs On Us — Straight From Japan
Happy birthday to us! It’s kind of fitting that Tsurezure would do this, putting us all through the wringer of getting content backed up for posterity, today. It’s the usual two-hour rule, you guys, but the usual corollary about that applies, too. First, the announcement; go ahead and click:
Or, if you’re coming along after that page disappears, what’s after the jump? Continue reading
Yeah, shut up, I know it’s not the first time it’s ever happened and no, I had nothing to do with it, but I’ll be gosh darned if I don’t feel like the whole point of this stupid project has been validated by complete strangers.
Hey guys, remember when Maison Book Girl was in Canada last autumn? Did a few shows? Darn near got awarded Performance of the Year for it? Next Music from Tokyo put that together. It was tour #9. Tour #10 is in May. Feast your tired-of-reading-stupid-Maniac eyes on this:
This was literally yesterday’s news, but I didn’t get around to it until late in the day and figured WEEKEND! But Tsurezure revealed at their tour final for Post-Catastrophe that they remain committed to Codomomental release schedules with this pair.
Number 1: Remember that EP of theirs that got a bunch of album attention in the Best of 2016? It’s coming back, re-recorded with the current membership:
Four editions, all limited, end of February. That’s all so far, but I can see people tripping over themselves to get a crack at that. Looks in mirror … Continue reading
Other than Babymetal’s Metal Resistance, I don’t know if I had more eagerly awaited an album in 2016. In absolute terms, “meteoric” isn’t a great way to describe Yukueshirezutsurezure’s rise, but in terms of awareness (at least among our kind) and rapidly defining a sound and attitude, they ran a marathon in a short while, only just failing keeping up with their equally compelling big sisters in Zenbu Kimi no Sei Da in total releases.
So yes, I anticipated that this was going to be a definitive album. I had such high expectations of it that, like a former jock parent who just can’t let go, I’m probably being a little bit unfair to the work, which should always be taken as it is rather than as I or anybody else want it to be. Nonetheless, I gotta be honest: I’ve struggled with this one. Continue reading