I’m not sure that the world is ready for what it’s about to see (or still recovering from seeing) in BURST GIRL’s new, first MV. Things are … well. The ex-Guso Drop crew definitely made something noteworthy:
This is a list of things that I loved about it:
- The Bouncing Souls always did/do great punk anthems; I point this out because this sounds like a Bouncing Souls song, if the lyrics were instead being shouted by idols.
- There’s a plot here in the video, I’m sure of it, but I’ll be damned if I know what it is
- Lots of #YuraSmile
- Miyako tearing the guts out of a teddy bear
- Rei gone kawaii
- A complete disregard for the principles of Chekhov’s Gun
- A weird contradiction between the hi-def visuals and the low-fi mix
This is a list of things that I wasn’t prepared for, but nonetheless dealt with:
The single (venue-only?) goes on sale tomorrow. If BURST GIRL is starting to release things and promote their music, it may not be long before they pick up more attention.