The announcement teased last night had me interested in at least getting a substantial announcement, if not an MV or something (which, please, it’s S-L-O-W in Idolville right now); I did not expect this:
— GANG PARADE official (@GANG_PARADE) June 17, 2016
If you have a reaction to this bit of news, a thread just opened up in the forums — and you OG Pla2me people might have a good time with it!
Yes, the group formerly known as Pla2me has now rebranded twice in a year and will now be known as GANG PARADE going forward (Twitter typos notwithstanding).
For those keeping score at home, here’s a rough timeline:
- Summer 2014: BiS breaks up, Kamiya Saki is joined by Mizuta Mari to create Plastic 2 Mercy (Pla2me), intense pop.
- Pla2me releases the awesome “UNIT.”
- Spring 2015: Mari departs for a number of reasons.
- Summer 2015: Four new members are added to the re-branded Period of Plastic 2 Mercy (POP).
- Summer 2015: POP releases what would have been Pla2me’s (mostly good) debut album.
This song, though.
- Summer 2015: POP encourages anarchy from the stage, is kicked out of TIF (along with BiSH)
- Immediately after: Saki is suspended indefinitely.
- Fall 2015: POP forges ahead without their leader, wins cool Gyuzo idol battle.
- Fall/Winter 2015: POP releases “Happy Lucky Kirakira Lucky” single, is rebranded as a denpa-style unit.
- Winter 2015: Saki runs 100km marathon in 24 hours to rejoin/stay in the group.
- Spring 2016: POP releases fairly denpa-y “Queen of POP” single.
- Spring 2016: POP takes part in BiS reunion tour, goes to Taiwan, two-man with BiSH, etc.
- Summer 2016: POP re-brands as GANG PARADE.
I’m not going to speculate too much as to whether this is as full as re-brand as the last one (I thought very openly that it was just a WACK-led stunt), but I’ll allow that GANG PARADE sounds denpa as hell.
“WE ARE the IDOL” is still slated for release in a month from now, with a one-man the day before. Hold on to your butts.