— 東 志栞 FRUITPOCHETTE (@shiorizuma) July 22, 2016
- 瞑想-In your mind-
- 飛翔-Believe my dream-
And we just learned a ton!
- At least for the time being, Fruitpochette is the Shiori show. Whether “the time being” is just “in the time it took to produce this” and there will still be new member/s to announce, that we don’t know. But that cover art pretty much gives it away that this is Shiori flying solo (well, with the band, but you know what I mean).
- We’ll probably get our first glimpse at some selection of these songs — guessing title track and one more, plus fan favorites — at TIF. Gotta promote that new release!
- Those titles are not very metal! One could of course spin them that way, but let’s be honest with ourselves.
- I think this is a good indication that Fruitpochette isn’t in any particular danger of folding. Even if there were songs at the ready when Mina retired, it wouldn’t have been a huge effort to repackage them for nanoRider or even just a Shiori project that’s called something other than Fruitpochette.
- (Now I’m just riffing) So if that’s the brand moving on, does it still imply that there’s another member/s on the horizon? Fruitpochette was a two-woman job. Yes, Shiori can basically move mountains and (#hottake) is being criminally underserved by her management, but can even she adequately be Fruitpochette? Remember, this is idol; the group’s identity is always bigger than the members’.
- Regardless of anything else, I’m begging for a real-deal MV, even if it’s Shiori singing a pop ballad in the rain or something. The world needs more Fruitpochette.
Hot damn, though. Friday actually got pretty exciting!