So Alloy, unofficially officially the successor unit of petit pas! and definitely up to the billing, started themselves a big-ass tour, and, rather than do the obligatory idol thing where you make the big announcement at the end, they decided to front-load the fact that:
— Alloy／9/28から東名阪ワンマン (@Alloy_official) September 29, 2017
Oh neat! New– wait, what? Seven announcements? *clutches pearls* I am amazed and slightly offended!
Not really. This is actually great. In the exact same order as they wrote it out on the other side of that link:
- Two singles! “Pinball” and “astronaut” (with infinity symbol) will be released in November, as will a DVD of their first one-man. The theme? Where we came from and where we’re going, roughly. I dig it. Shinozaki’s apparently providing songwriting here, which, good.
- They’re going to do regular shows on the third Monday of every month. It ain’t quite Guso Drop’s old routine, but it’s still pretty neat. Like being a kind-of house band!
- They have a new artistic motif! BUMP >> PUNK >> STIR. I don’t quite follow.
- The wota will now officially and appropriately be known as Miners.
- Ryo is now officially the leader. Respect.
- There will be another one-man, time and date tbd.
- And they’re apparently getting in on the 15,000 followers thing, details about which they’ll share on YouTube because why the hell not.
I am now officially rooting hard as hell for Alloy to really become a thing, though I will be mad if the new motif means changing the outfits, because they already stepped down in coolness once and don’t need to do it again.