It’s time! It’s time! We got here, friends, and we literally couldn’t have done it without you. After completely crowdfunding the Homicidols Best Of in 2016 and 17 and driving people completely nuts, Kerrie developed a plan to not only better track the best things over the course of the year, but make it easier to drill down to what was the best of the best. And what’s the best of those? We’ll take care of that this week!
Yes, this is the idol awards show that’s pretty much entirely your will. Of course I and Team have independent thoughts, and of course we will share those in due time, but the real awards are the ones that you all, the folks in the community, will elect. Try not to mess it up!
Here’s how it’s going to work:
- We’ll run all 17 categories across three different ballots over the course of the week, each ballot staying open for three days
- Do try to only submit one ballot per, uh, ballot
- Have a favorite? Tell your dang friends to vote!
- Or get really wild and tag your favorite idols in a few tweets and see if they mobilize to win!
- In the event of a tie, all tie-ers win
And to motivate folks a little bit and make good on a promise that I made a couple of months back, I’m asking (not requiring though!) on each ballot submitted that you share an email address and/or other way of knowing who you are. After all is said and done, I’m going to pull 10 names from all ballots submitted and mail those lucky ducks a … mix tape of sorts. Not like the most valuable thing ever, but maybe something you’ll dig.
Anyway, we have a bunch of Best Of to get through, and time’s a-wastin’. Let’s get to it! Continue reading